19 January 2012

Capsule: Orange Crush Exports












Vintage dealer Jess Tart takes me back to 1970's Colorado Springs and a friend who was so laid back I don't think he had a pulse. His favorite expression, "Bummer, but it's cool" was American poetry to me. Jess has managed to create a Mischianza of vintage American poetry that suits my, "Fox Terrier on Jolt" attention span just fine.

Jess operates out of Tacoma and probably teethed on army surplus seeing his Dad is George Tart of Tart in Olympia. All the designers know Jess. You should too. I have never seen so many Filson Cruisers in one place, and from every decade back to the '40s, all in various stages of frayed and fried patina.

Give him a ring and he'll spell out the ground rules. There was something about a $1,500 minimum if you want to shop the warehouse. Bummer, but it's cool.

Orange Crush Exports, (253) 565-6887, orangecrushexports@mac.com

11 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Vintage Filson....Sportsmen everywhere are drooling!

Alice Olive said...

So much to take in here (visually)!

M.Lane said...

Love the Doughboy photo and frame and the old Orvis.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

GSV JR said...

What MLS said. Was that a green/black buffalo check mackinaw? Sheesh.

Matthew Hranek said...

BOUGHT THAT OLIVE FILSON. A BEAUTY.
SHAME YOU DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME CHECKING OUT THE
KISSINGER SUIT.
NEXT TIME.

tintin said...

Matthew- That Cruiser was a steal. Good for you.

I didn't recognize you until I heard you tell John you just had lunch with Lee Norwood. Then I knew it was you.

And I was checking out the Kissenger suit when you asked me if I thought it really was Kissengers 'cause you didn't think it was big enough. Next time.

Matthew Hranek said...

I LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT TIME. I'LL SPEAK UP AND AT LEAST OFFER TO BUY YOU A DRINK.
M

Unknown said...

Jess Tart, knew him like to think I still know him however I haven't contacted him in some years. He gave me my first financial start in life. I often think of the old days, nothing but me my bicycle and fantastic vintage clothing finds! Don't think I've come across a more fair and straightforward person than he. Thanks for everything!

Unknown said...

Jess Tart takes me back to another time as well, nothing but me my bike, eventually a Volvo, and fantastic vintage finds. Thanks for everything Jess! I don't think I've ever run across a more fair and straightforward individual than you.

Unknown said...

Do you have a address I can google map

Unknown said...

Update... Jess is still awesome and the Warehouse next level!