20 January 2010

Wild East's New Book

Buy this book today.

Wally (Wild East) and I have been friends 25 years despite the fact he has never read a book on etiquette and hails from Freehold Long Branch (excuse me), New Jersey. But he's a damned fine writer. Clean and fast. His crime noir reads faster than shit through a goose. Elegant and yet bone dry. I give him grief for screwing up weapons and too many 'K' turns but I envy the SOB. His new one, 'Gone Til November' came out yesterday. If he has stolen any of my stories when I worked as a deputy sheriff in Florida I'll break both his knee caps.

7 comments:

Tin-tin's phred/dad said...

Wally's newest should arrive today.
Looking forward to it and a fine read.
Wally is every bit as good as, and in some ways better than, Elmore Leonard (spell?) in his use of the "grab."
Wally "grabs" you near the first page, and doesn't let go.
I recall that you and I, some years ago, in a conversation, agreed that Wally might, someday, write one of the great American novels. This one may not be of that caliber, but the talent is still there I think.
Most highly recommended!

GSV JR said...

This sounds like my kinda tipple. Forget reading him; I need to drink w/ this guy.

tintin said...

Dad- If Wally gets a movie deal outta this the Florida deputy sheriff could be the new hip job.

Stew- He drinks all my red wine and usually breaks the Reidel glass. I shit you not.

Anonymous said...

Victorian dance hall.

GSV JR said...

Aint a party til something gets broken, T.

tintin said...

Stew- Well then, we've had a lot of parties.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! It's available at the village liberry already.

Heroine? Gee, dunno.

Hafta save the purchase price for a buncha bags o free range organic hog rinds and a few quarts a 2010 Colt 45, maybe Country Club if'n 'am goin' socializin'.

Ta'er