18 August 2009

Another White Suit - MM in 1982


Lets call this college week. 'MM' at a college fashion show in 1982 or '83. I was shooting Plus-X in very low light. Only two or three shots made it from a 36 exposure roll. 'MM' came after 'MB', had a great sense of southern humor and a mother I fell in love with. Daddy...? Not so much. He thought I was a commie.

There was a change machine in the admin office that MM worked in as part of a basketball scholarship. MM was a tall drink of water and I was always there getting change for the cigarette machine and flirting. I finally asked her to a college dance. I was amazed by how many syllables she put into, 'hot dog.' We dated on and off through college. Breaking up when we were bored with each other - - Getting back together when we were bored with others. We're still friends to this day and hopefully tomorrow.

7 comments:

Alice Olive said...

Love that you're still friends.

Wow - the proportions of her outfit are Thierry Mugler-esque.

Anonymous said...

Tintin,
Is it a prerequisite that all GF's have first names that start with the letter M? D

tintin said...

Alice-You may be onto something: I swear the show MM was in was just like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ1VQmsvrrw

tintin said...

D- Si.

Anonymous said...

Da-hang! What a great '80s shot of MM. The outfit is a little MST3K, but hey, it was the day.

That Southern humor thing? I'm a pushover. I know several women with that exact sensibility . I honestly think it's the Southern version of the dry Down Easterners. But with a different accent. Makes me want to "visit" on the porch with some "sweetea" and just listen...

-DB

ADG said...

She was a stunner. Does she remain so?

tintin said...

DB- I'm fixin on headin over yonder soon. I'll give you a holla.

ADG- Looks just like her mama.