20 December 2013

A Friday Belt - Bing, Bitters & Braces



Been doing a lot of walking and not much drinking in the last six weeks.  Consequently,  pounds have shed away but that's not why I'm walking and not drinking…so much.  Much of it has to do with health -- the drinking.  Some of it has to do with work -- the walking.  However it happened, I made several discoveries:  Lowa approach boots being the walking bit with Bing being the not-drinking bit.

A can of Bing can keep me going for four hours and five miles.  I kid you not.  It helps to like blackberries - And I love blackberries. At only 40 calories and 8g of carbs,  it's got a bite and a wild tartness that will keep the kids away. Which is good news at roughly $2 a can.  Last week I saw Fee Cranberry bitters and immediately thought of adding it to Bing.  It's amazing.  Four healthy shakes of  Fee, since I'm such a bitter man, and I swear there's vodka in there.  

And since the Friday belt - sans hooch - can't include a belt, I dug out the Reindeer braces. In the seven or so years I've owned them, they've been worn to three Christmas parties where they stayed under a jacket.  No one knew about them  -- but I knew they were there… just like low back pain. If you see a grimace - offer me a drink.

8 comments:

gentleman mac said...

Those braces are awesome, Christmas or not!

M.Lane said...

Great to see AFB making a return!! I will hold up the drinking/weight gain side of things on your behalf.

ML

GSV JR said...

You know what's really grand? Eggnog & Bacardi 151 in a solo cup while you're walking around Target, being tailed by the shop cop.

Mason said...

I was wondering if the Friday belts would make a return, very cool. I hope your health is as good as it can be. Best in the new year.

tintin said...

Thx, Mac. Though they might be too much 'round Easter.

tintin said...

You're a pal. I will not tell you what pal stood for in the army. Merry Christmas & hope to see you at the Door again soon.

tintin said...

You are certifiable. You know that? But in a good way.

tintin said...

Mason - thanks. Same to you. There will be some more Friday belts in the new year and one more before this one's over.