06 May 2008

Trad Wedding

How often do you see the Stroller anymore? Granted, these look rented but who in their right mind is gonna buy a Stroller? A short morning coat, it was popular for day weddings some time ago. I say that because the last few weddings I've attended have been sartorial train wrecks. Tuxes at noon. Guests wearing dockers and golf shirts with sunglasses on top of their head. In reality, it is "her" day. So you have a good time anyway...and take notes.

Here, the groom was wearing a nice pair of black cap toes while the fellow on your far right wore black cowbow boots. He's a Hollywood screenwriter so go figure. The man on the far left wore a black suede-like running shoe. He's a crime fiction writer. Go figure again. The groom's father wore a beautiful pair of corrected grain paddock boots. Now, corrected grain is usually a big no-no but for this event it was perfect. According to Hardy Amies, he was the only one who nailed it.

4 comments:

Wallace Stroby said...

I think the man on the far left was pretty hungover at the time too.

tintin said...

I think his fly is down too.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Great post, Trad. Nice. Were they rented?

tintin said...

l.b.t. Sorry to say they were. I am now the proud owner of a Henry Poole Morning Coat so should I get married again or attend my London friends second weddings I will be properly attired.